Sunday, March 16, 2008

TeaZen!




As part of my morning tea routine, I drink a bowl of matcha because it's a super-fast high-octane start to my day. It's kind of a tricky tea to make. You need to get the water at just the right temperature, not too hot and not too cool, with just the right amount of powdered tea. I don't always get the parameters right, but when I do--ahhh! It's a warm rich mellow tasting tea that I slurp down while the water boils and I make my next tea.

I have been buying my matcha from Hibiki-an. It costs me about $45 for four little boxes, each of which lasts a two or three weeks. But recently I let myself run out. Shopping in the local Korean market I found this tea and decided to try it. (It's kind of funny actually, because the reason I was in the Korean market was to buy some kim chee for the Zen meditation retreat we were organizing. The retreat was WAY better than the tea. You can click here for some photos.)

I cannot recommend this brand of powdered green tea!

No comments: